Trainee Bus Drivers
We've got the buses, we've got the routes, but what we need to provide the perfect bus service is
the perfect driver...
If you've got a car licence with a year's driving experience and know that you can deliver great customer service then YOU could be our missing puzzle piece.
You will become the face of our business and an integral part of the local community.
You will be responsible for keeping all of our customers safe on their travels, making sure they feel welcomed with fantastic customer service, helping them to connect with places and loved ones.
Full training will be given from day one and you'll earn as you learn, plus there is even FREE travel for you and your family*
We have full - time vacancies for non-licence holders and our depots are based in Sudbury, Sible, Clacton-on-Sea and Kelvedon and we will always try to accommodate your request of where you want to be based.
How much do you earn?
- £10.74 per hour from your first day of training
- £12.35 per hour for the first year after training.
- £13 per hour thereafter with extra pay for late shifts.
Why choose us?
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week and optional overtime
- Free company travel pass on all Hedingham and Chambers services for you, your partner and children*
- Paid training programme
- Flexible working patterns, holiday and weekly pay
- Smart uniform
- A career with the opportunity to progress within the company
- Stable, long-term employment
- Our 'Employee Assistance Programme' is accessible by all employees, employees' partners and children (between the ages of 16-24 living at home in full time education) with resources including financial/legal/mental health advice, lifestyle courses, workshops and counselling services.
- Company pension
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company mobile phone
- Be part of the Go-Ahead Group, one of the largest UK transport providers
What experience do I need?
- A car driving licence with a minimum of a year's UK driving experience
- Must be over the age of 18
- Smart and professional appearance
- Previous Customer Service, retail or working with people skills (preferred
- Flexibility to work shifts
Want to know more?
- Email us at [email protected] with your current CV
- Give us a call on 0330 0539 358
* Your company travel pass allows travel for FREE on all our Go East Anglia services including Konectbus services which cover parts of Norfolk. Click to view the map