What is Generation Go?
Are you 14 to 19 years old and want to spend your time enjoying what you want to do when you want to do it, without having to blag lifts or feeling like you owe anyone a favour?
Be part of Generation Go and enjoy your freedom and independence when you get there by bus!
No more waiting for the family taxi! Even if you have access to a car, why bother getting stressed out by the eye-watering traffic and the cost of fuel and parking?
You don't have to worry about any of that on the bus! You can relax, check your socials, listen to whatever you like and watch the world go by, knowing that you're also doing your bit for the environment.
Are you ready for a life-changing journey?
Here are some of our top tips to developing your independence and freedom:
How exactly do I catch the bus?
If you've never done it before, it's not such a strange question!
With the Hedingham & Chambers app you can see exactly where you need to go and it will tell you where to get on and off.
It will also show you the time your bus leaves and help you buy your ticket.
How do I know where to get on and off the bus?
If it's a journey you've never done before, planning makes perfect!
Use the journey planner to see where your closest bus stop is in advance.
You can also use it to track your bus so you know when it's on its way before you even leave the house.
What about a ticket?
It's good to know how much it's going to cost before you get on the bus so you can arrive with the right change or enough money to pay with your card.
Just tell the driver where you want to go and they will issue you a ticket!
Tap your card and you're away.
You can even buy your ticket on the app before you get onto the bus for peace of mind. If you plan to travel more often, it's also a great way to ensure you don't lose your ticket and it allows you to save money on your travel.
Most tickets are available as Day, Weekly or 30 Day tickets and will allow you to travel on multiple routes.
You will need to buy a Child ticket if you are 15 or under, or a 16-19 ticket. More about tickets
Remember: if you go for an app ticket, make sure you charge your phone so you can scan your ticket when you get on.
Ready to get on the bus?
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes early.
- Make sure you are paying attention! If your bus is due any moment, don't bury your head in your phone or you may just miss it.
- Stick out your hand to let the driver know you want to get on.
- Tap your phone or card on the ticket machine and you're aboard.
If you're still unsure where to get off, ask the driver to let you know when your stop approaches.
They are always happy to help!
Once you're on the bus:
- Be respectful of other passengers.
- When listening to music, keep your earbuds in as not everyone shares your taste in music!
- Keep your feet and bags off the seats. They are happier on the floor.
- If someone needs a seat more than you, be considerate and offer them yours.
- Avoid eating on the bus and take your rubbish home with you.
- Chatting to your friends is encouraged but remember you're not the only ones on the bus - so be respectful of others.
When your stop approaches, ring the bell and the bus will magically stop! The power is at your fingertips!