New Bus services across North Essex from 1st August 2022
1 month ago
On Monday 1st August 2022, we expanded our North Essex bus network as a result of winning new routes under contract to Essex County Council.
We will now operate:
- Route 2/2A between Clacton and Mistley
- Route 9 between Walton and Great Holland ( some journeys will be extended from/to Clacton).
- Route 16 between Wethersfield and Chelmsford
- a temporary timetable will run between 1st August and 31st August, Click here to view
- Route 105/107 between Walton and Colchester
Local school services will begin in September as they reopen after the summer break
- Route 101 between Point Clear and Colne School, Brightlingsea
- Route 115 between Weeley and Tendring College
There have been some minor fares changes on routes 2, 2A, 105 and 107 which has resulted in some fares increasing and decreasing. This has been done so Hedingham is charging the same fares between common points on our network on different routes. We are pleased to offer our zonal (Clacton Rocks, Walton & Clacton Rocks, Seasiders and Anywhere) tickets on these new routes. We will also offer discounted point to point fares for 16-19 year olds and Groups, except on route 9 between Great Holland-Walton and on route 16.
Sadly, we no longer run the following bus routes, but would like to thank our passengers for travelling on our buses and we hope to see you on board another one of our buses in the near future.
The following routes will now be operated by First Essex. Timetables are available to view on their website
- Route 16A (Old Heath - St Helena School)
- Route 40 (Witham town route)
- Routes 82/A/B (Colne Engaine - Colchester)
- Routes 83/A/B (Bures - Colchester)
- Route 345 (Fuller Street - Braintree)